Stewart Information Services Corp. ( NYSE-STC) honors long-time Stewart executive, group president and chief legal officer, Mike Skalka, as he leaves the company for new opportunities.
“We want to thank Mike for his years of service and the integral role he has played in the company’s long-term success,” said Matt Morris, CEO of Stewart. “Mike has provided leadership and guidance to many of us during his nearly 25 years with Stewart, which will be greatly missed. He always led with integrity and professionalism, which we will continue to carry on in our leadership roles.”
“We would like to pay tribute to him. His influence and impact have forever changed our company – and we will continue to benefit, as Mike will remain on the Stewart Title Guaranty Company Board of Directors,” Morris continues.
Putting that same proven leadership to work, Skalka will relocate to Virginia to join Mortgage Electronic Registration Systems (MERS ®) as their General Counsel. MERS operates an electronic registry of mortgage loan servicing rights and ownership, and is presently addressing the challenging issues associated with foreclosures and mortgage record holding, areas in which Skalka’s background and knowledge is uniquely suited.Skalka joined Stewart in 1988 as the founding president of our New York subsidiary, Stewart Title Insurance Company (STIC). Shortly thereafter, in the early 1990s, he helped establish our operations in the United Kingdom, and then relocated from New York to Houston in 1993 to serve as executive vice president and general counsel until 2005.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV