RANCHO CORDOVA, Calif., March 29, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- ThermoGenesis Corp. (NASDAQ: KOOL), a leading supplier of innovative products and services that process and store adult stem cells, said today that its customer Beike Biotechnology Co., Ltd. (Beike) has become the first company in China to receive accreditation from the AABB (formerly the American Association of Blood Banks). AABB is an international, not-for-profit association representing nearly 2,000 institutions and 8,000 individuals involved in the fields of transfusion medicine and cellular therapies.
A leading stem cell and regenerative medicine company in China, Beike will be using ThermoGenesis' AXP® AutoXpress® (AXP) and BioArchive® Systems for the processing and storage of stem cells from cord blood. The Company expects the AXP device to receive registration approval in China during the current year.
Beike produces a full line of products derived from umbilical cord tissue, cord blood and bone marrow stem cells. It also operates three stand-alone cord blood processing and storage facilities, 18 specialized laboratories processing cord blood collection, five stem cell banks and two stem cell research laboratories.
"This AABB accreditation represents a major accomplishment for Beike and demonstrates its leadership position in China's regenerative medicine sector. It provides Beike a strong platform from which to further develop what we believe will be an increasingly prosperous cord blood stem cell market in China. We are pleased to be providing them our market leading tools to realize their strategy," said Matthew Plavan, Chief Executive Officer of ThermoGenesis."We are delighted to become the first bank in China to receive AABB accreditation for the processing and storage of cord blood and cord tissue. Our adoption of the AXP and BioArchive technologies is a critical component of our market vision to become the country's technology and quality leader in cord blood processing and storage," said Dr. Shengqin Ye, Chief Executive Officer of Beike. About ThermoGenesis Corp. ThermoGenesis Corp. ( www.thermogenesis.com) is a leader in developing and manufacturing automated blood processing systems and disposable products that enable the manufacture, preservation and delivery of cell and tissue therapy products. These include:
- The BioArchive® System, an automated cryogenic device, used by cord blood stem cell banks in more than 30 countries for cryopreserving and archiving cord blood stem cell units for transplant.
- AXP® AutoXpress® Platform (AXP), a proprietary family of automated devices that includes the AXP and the MXP® MarrowXpress® and companion sterile blood processing disposables for harvesting stem cells in closed systems. The AXP device is used for the processing of cord blood. The MXP is used for the preparation of cell concentrates, including stem cells, from bone marrow aspirates in the laboratory setting.
- The Res-Q® 60 BMC/PRP (Res-Q), a point-of-care system designed for the preparation of cell concentrates, including stem cells, from bone marrow aspirates and whole blood for platelet rich plasma (PRP).
- The CryoSeal® FS System, an automated device and companion sterile blood processing disposable, used to prepare fibrin sealants from plasma in about an hour. The CryoSeal FS System is approved in the U.S. for liver resection surgeries. The CryoSeal FS System has received the CE-Mark which allows sales of the product throughout the European community.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV