RALEIGH, N.C., March 29, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Golden Corral proudly announces the expansion of their summer camp for children of wounded or disabled military families. In the summer of 2012, Golden Corral will send 1,800 children from military families to a week-long camp free of charge (parents are only responsible for transportation to and from camp).
Camp Corral builds on Golden Corral's commitment to honoring our disabled American veterans and their families. For the last 11 years, Golden Corral has supported America's veterans with their "Military Appreciation Monday" event. This event has raised over $6,100,000 for the Disabled American Veterans state and local chapters, and served over 3 million veterans a free "thank you" meal.
Camp Corral is a one-week camp experience where kids, ages 8 to 15, are free to be kids, apart from the day-to-day challenges they face as children of wounded or disabled military veterans and service members. Camp Corral will be "a week of a lifetime" providing kids non-stop fun with activities like canoeing, swimming, arts and crafts, target sports, horseback riding and other camping activities in the great outdoors. The week will encourage campers to create friendships and bond with other kids who share a similar family situation.2012 Camp Corral information:
- Nine Camp Corral locations in 8 states across the country, offering a one-week camp session
- Camp participants – boys and girls ages 8 to 15
- On line registration at www.campcorral.org
- Camp Corral locations, camp weeks and information at www.campcorral.org
- Camp Corral will be managed and staffed by the 4-H Youth Development Organization and is accredited by the American Camp Association
- Campers will have a traditional camp experience with camp crafts, recreational water sports, target sports, horseback riding, ropes course, camp fire stories, etc.
- Camp Corral Hot Line for questions: 1-855-605-1267
- Donations to Camp Corral are accepted at any Golden Corral restaurant or may be mailed to the Golden Corral Corporate Office in Raleigh, North Carolina