Updated from 1:02 p.m. ET with closing bell results
NEW YORK ( TheStreet) -- Health insurers sang Thursday after some promising words from the U.S. Supreme Court about the fate of Obamacare.
Shares of UnitedHealth Group (UNH), Aetna (AET), Cigna (CI), Coventry (CVH), HealthNet (HNT) and Humana (HUM) all rose more than 3% a day after as the Supreme Court justices' rhetoric seemed to imply that the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act would either be upheld or rejected as a whole.
|Health Insurance stocks are soaring after favorable U.S. Supreme Court hearings.|
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV