Xilinx designs programmable platforms, used to make the microprocessors that go into personal computers. As the PC end market sees stronger-than-expected demand, demand for Xilinx's equipment should remain strong. J.P. Morgan rates Analog Devices shares "overweight" with a $40 price target.
Analysts polled by Thomson Reuters expect Xilinx to record $530.48 million in revenue and earn 40 cents per share in the first-quarter. In a Feb. 29 research report, Danley wrote, "We believe Xilinx is experiencing a secular increase in margins due to its recent shift to Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Co. (TSMC) as well as better cost controls. Xilinx had an all-time high of 35.9% operating margin in C3Q10 and we expect that to be exceeded driven by higher gross margins via moving to TSMC and lower operating expenditures."TheStreet Ratings rates Xilinx "buy" with an A grade and a price target of $43.26. Shares have gained 13.59% since the start of 2012.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV