Texas Instruments makes chips for a wide array of electronic devices, including the iPhone, iPad and other mobile electronics. Shares have gained 14.68% year-to-date.
J.P. Morgan believes the chipmaker offers more upside than Intel or even Advanced Micro Devices (AMD), as it has more leverage, which could lead to upside from the consensus estimates. J.P. Morgan rates Texas Instruments shares "overweight" with a $39 price target.Analysts polled by Thomson Reuters expect Texas Instruments to report $3.06 billion in revenue and 29 cents per share for the first-quarter. The company, however, recently cut first-quarter guidance, saying it still sees a reduction in demand for its wireless products. Texas Instruments' first-quarter outlook is now 15 cents to 19 cents per share on a revenue range of $2.99 billion to $3.11 billion. The Dallas-based firm had previously projected earnings of 16 cents to 24 cents per share on a revenue range of $3.02 billion to $3.28 billion. TheStreet Ratings rates Texas Instruments "buy" with a B+ grade and a price target of $38.61.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV