Charming Shoppes (CHRS) is a multi-brand, specialty apparel retailer with a market share in women's plus-size specialty apparel. This stock is trading up 6.2% to $5.98 in recent trading.
Today's Range: $5.66-$6.0552-Week Range: $2.29-$6.08 Volume: 2.4 million Three-Month Average Volume: 1.5 million >>5 Stocks Setting Up to Break Out From a technical perspective, CHRS is ripping higher today on monster volume right above its 50-day moving average of $5.48. This strong uptrend has now pushed CHRS within range of triggering a major near-term breakout. That breakout will hit once CHRS takes out some near-term overhead resistance at 6.05 to $6.08 with volume. Traders should now look for long-biased trades if CHRS can sustain a move and close above those levels on volume that's near or well above 1,504,560 shares. If we get that action soon, then look for CHRS to re-test its next significant overhead resistance levels at $6.32 to $6.91 in the near future. Charming Shoppes was also one of my earnings short-squeeze plays this week.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV