One semiconductor player where insiders are snapping up some stock in is Kopin (KOPN), a developer and manufacturer of III-V products and miniature flat panel displays. This stock has not done much so far in 2012, with shares up just over 4%.
Kopin has a market cap of $271 million and an enterprise value of $161 million. This stock trades at a premium valuation, with a trailing price-to-earnings 67.50 and a forward price-to-earnings of 45. Its estimated growth rate for this year is 14.3%, and for next year it's pegged at 12.5%. This is a cash-rich company, since the total cash position on its balance sheet is $105.42 million and its total debt is zero.The CEO and president just bought 52,800 shares, or around $184,000 worth of stock, at $3.49 to $3.74 per share. >>4 Chip Stocks Smart Money Is Buying From a technical perspective, KOPN is currently trading above both its 50-day and 200-day moving averages, which is bullish. This stock just started to trend back above both of those key moving averages in the last few trading sessions on above average volume. That move has now pushed KOPN within range of triggering a major breakout trade. If you're bullish on KOPN, I would look for long-biased trades if this stock can manage to trigger that breakout on a move above $4.15 to 4.24 a share with high-volume. Look for volume on that move that's near or well above its three-month average action of 180,249 shares. If we get that action soon, then look for this stock to make a solid move back towards its next significant overhead resistance levels at $4.80 to $5.22 a share.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV