Big Lots: S&P Intraday Laggard
The S&P was lower by 12.7 points, or 0.9%, to 1,392.84.
Shares of Big Lots dropped 5.66% to $43.01. Big Lots has had a series of insider trades in March, including a sale by the retailer's CEO of 227,500 shares on March 20 at $45.23 a share.
Shares of Big Lots hit a 52-week high Tuesday of $47.20. The stock's 52-week low of $28.89 was set on Aug. 8.Big Lots has an estimated price-to-earnings ratio for next year of 10.63 times; the average for broad-line retailers is 20.85. For comparison, both Wal-Mart (WMT) and Amazon (AMZN) have higher forward P/Es of 11.47 and 49.39, respectively. Twelve of the 17 analysts who cover Big Lots rated it buy; five analysts gave the stock a hold rating. TheStreet Ratings gives Big Lots an A- grade with a buy rating and a $59.54 price target. The stock has risen 13.72% year to date. -- Written by Alexandra Zendrian
>To contact the writer of this article, click here: Alexandra Zendrian >To submit a news tip, send an email to: email@example.com. >To follow the writer on Twitter, go to Alexandra Zendrian.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV