BALTIMORE (Stockpickr) -- Mr. Market is giving back some gains this week -- but that doesn't mean that this rally is over.
While stocks gave back Monday's gains on Tuesday and Wednesday, the fact that we're still sitting well above a few key support levels tells us that the market's still able to catch a bid. That's an important factor going into what could be the third consecutive down day for the S&P 500 today.
There's some significance to a three-day correction to close March off.
Over the course of this rally, we've seen a few corrections come into play as traders bled off some overbought momentum from the S&P. This month, the other two pullbacks have both been three-day affairs that paused upside in stocks before spurring the rally on higher. The pattern of several days on, then three days off lends some support to the idea that stocks could end the week (and the month) on a strong note.>>5 Stocks ready for Big Dividend Boosts To take full advantage, we're turning to the technicals in five of Wall Street's big-name stocks this week. If you're new to technical analysis, here's the executive summary: Technicals are a study of the market itself. Since the market is ultimately the only mechanism that determines a stock's price, technical analysis is a valuable tool even in the roughest of trading conditions. Technical charts are used every day by proprietary trading floors, Wall Street's biggest financial firms, and individual investors to get an edge on the market. And research shows that skilled technical traders can bank gains as much as 90% of the time. Every week, we take an in-depth look at large-cap stocks that are telling important technical stories. Here's this week's look at the technicals of five must-see stocks.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV