MIAMI, March 29, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- After a month-long $54 million dry dock, Royal Caribbean International's Rhapsody of the Seas has emerged from Singapore's Sembawang Shipyard (a subsidiary of Sembcorp Marine Ltd.) as a virtually new ship. The newly revitalized Rhapsody of the Seas will deliver guests a host of exciting new dining options, visually stunning entertainment and unique amenities after the ship's bow-to-stern transformation. Guests will have the opportunity to enjoy all of Rhapsody of the Seas' new signature features as they sail in awe-inspiring Alaska this summer or vibrant Australia in the fall. To learn more about Rhapsody's transformation visit http://bit.ly/9m9ZTc.
" Rhapsody of the Seas' dry dock is part of Royal Caribbean's multi-ship enhancement and revitalization strategy to deliver the world's most innovative cruise ships, exciting itineraries and world-renowned Gold Anchored service to our guests, also known as the Royal Advantage," said Betsy O'Rourke, senior vice president, Marketing, Royal Caribbean International. "With every inch of Rhapsody of the Seas renewed, five new dining restaurants added, the evolution of entertainment in our iconic Centrum, plus an array of new touches, guests will be wowed by what is virtually a new ship."
The all-encompassing revitalization introduces a range of guest amenities and premium experiences that are sure to wow even the most experienced cruiser. From the Royal Babies and Tots Nursery designed for the cruise line's youngest guests, 6 - 36 months old, a Diamond Lounge for Crown & Anchor Society loyalty members, a Concierge Lounge for suite guests and top-tier loyalty guests and completely refreshed staterooms, the onboard revitalization was comprehensive. Guests also will find that staying connected at sea will be easier with Wi-Fi availability throughout the ship and enjoy a host of technology enhancements that include, flat-panel televisions in all staterooms, an outdoor LED movie screen on the pool deck, as well as a digital way-finding system all of which debut on Royal Caribbean's latest and world's most innovative sister ships, Oasis of the Seas and Allure of the Seas.
For guests looking to tickle their taste buds, Rhapsody of the Seas features an array of new dining options with the addition of five of the fleet's most highly acclaimed dinning concepts, including Giovanni's Table, Izumi Asian Cuisine restaurant, Park Cafe deli-style restaurant, Chop's Grille steakhouse and the exclusive 14-guest Chef's Table. Concept overviews and pricing are as follows:
- Giovanni ' s Table: An Italian trattoria featuring Italian classics served family-style (open for lunch, $15, and dinner, $20)
- Izumi Asian Cuisine: Featuring mouthwatering flavors and a sushi bar with hot-rock cooking, the pan Asian cuisine restaurant is a no-hassle, authentic dining experience (open for lunch and dinner, $3.00 cover charge for lunch and $5.00 for dinner plus a la carte menu pricing)
- Park Cafe: An indoor/outdoor gourmet market featuring salads, sandwiches, soups and pastries (open for breakfast, lunch and dinner, complimentary)
- Chops Grille: Royal Caribbean's signature steakhouse offering premium cuts and quality meats (open for dinner, $30 per person)
- Chef's Table: An exclusive and private experience co-hosted by the executive Chef and Sommelier for a wine pairing dinner of five courses (open for dinner, $95 per person).
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts