LEUVEN, Belgium, March 29, 2012 /PRNewswire/ --
ThromboGenics NV (NYSE Euronext Brussels: THR), a biopharmaceutical company focused on developing innovative ophthalmic medicines, announces today that it has raised €77.8 million through a private placement via an accelerated bookbuilding procedure announced on Wednesday 28 March 2012 after the market closed.
The private placement has allowed ThromboGenics to place 3,244,675 new shares with a range of domestic and international investors and qualified institutional buyers in the United States at a price of €24 per share, a 3.5% discount on the previous closing price. This represents 9.99% of the current number of outstanding shares and will bring the total number of shares after the issue to 35,691,432. The new shares will be admitted to listing on NYSE Euronext Brussels following their issuance, which is expected to take place on 3 April 2012.
The funds will be used by ThromboGenics to:
- execute the U.S. launch and commercialization of ocriplasmin, potentially the first pharmacological treatment for symptomatic Vitreomacular Adhesion (VMA) including macular hole;
- fund the clinical development of ocriplasmin for additional indications on a 50:50 basis with Alcon, its commercialization partner for non U.S. markets;
- strengthen its core ophthalmology franchise by in-licensing development-stage product candidates; and
- for general corporate purposes.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts