LEUVEN, Belgium, March 29, 2012 /PRNewswire/ --
ThromboGenics NV (NYSE Euronext Brussels: THR), a biopharmaceutical company focused on developing innovative ophthalmic medicines, announces today that it has raised €77.8 million through a private placement via an accelerated bookbuilding procedure announced on Wednesday 28 March 2012 after the market closed.
The private placement has allowed ThromboGenics to place 3,244,675 new shares with a range of domestic and international investors and qualified institutional buyers in the United States at a price of €24 per share, a 3.5% discount on the previous closing price. This represents 9.99% of the current number of outstanding shares and will bring the total number of shares after the issue to 35,691,432. The new shares will be admitted to listing on NYSE Euronext Brussels following their issuance, which is expected to take place on 3 April 2012.
The funds will be used by ThromboGenics to:
- execute the U.S. launch and commercialization of ocriplasmin, potentially the first pharmacological treatment for symptomatic Vitreomacular Adhesion (VMA) including macular hole;
- fund the clinical development of ocriplasmin for additional indications on a 50:50 basis with Alcon, its commercialization partner for non U.S. markets;
- strengthen its core ophthalmology franchise by in-licensing development-stage product candidates; and
- for general corporate purposes.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV