HOPKINTON, Mass., March 29, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- EMC Corporation (NYSE:EMC) today announced that Rotary International, a leading global humanitarian service organization, has transformed its IT infrastructure and standardized on EMC storage and backup and recovery technologies. With 90% of its IT environment virtualized, Rotary has built a solid foundation for improving the availability of its mission-critical applications including Microsoft Exchange, SQL Server, SharePoint, Oracle PeopleSoft, SAP business intelligence and Avectra netFORUM customer relationship management (CRM), while boosting the performance, efficiency and scalability of its IT infrastructure.
Rotary has implemented EMC ® VNXe™, EMC Isilon®, EMC Avamar® and EMC RecoverPoint™ as well as VMware vSphere™ and is using a VCE™ Vblock™ Infrastructure Platform that integrates EMC VNX™ unified storage, VMware vSphere virtualization and cloud technologies and Cisco networking and Unified Computing System (UCS) technologies. Rotary is using its Vblock platform for its mission-critical applications and primary storage, while leveraging a VNXe storage system at a second facility to replicate data.
- Simplified Management—Rotary has reduced everyday system management time by 25% since transforming its IT infrastructure.
- Strengthened Data Protection—With EMC Avamar, Rotary has eliminated tape and reduced the window for full backups from 72 hours to just two hours, a 32X improvement in time to backup.
- Predictable Performance—Rotary's "FLASH 1st" strategy using EMC's FAST™ (fully automated storage tiering) Suite on its Vblock platform ensured that the most utilized data was stored on the highest performing media, including flash drives.
- Improved Efficiency—After transforming its IT infrastructure, Rotary reduced time to deliver new projects to its internal clients from days to hours, enabling IT staff to be more proactive in supporting Rotary's overall humanitarian mission.
- Managing Digital Assets – EMC Isilon scale-out NAS delivers increased performance, capability and scalability for Rotary's growing digital assets.
Customer Challenges and Solution:With greater use of digital media in its program promotion and demand for speedier grants' management, Rotary saw its data volume grow approximately 400% in just 18 months. To handle this massive data growth, Rotary's lean IT staff needed to simplify manageability while enabling cost-effective scalability and maintaining high performance.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV