YAVNE, Israel, March 29, 2012 /PRNewswire/ --
G. Willi-Food International Ltd. (NASDAQ: WILC) (the " Company" or " Willi-Food"), a global company specializing in the development, manufacturing, marketing and international distribution of kosher foods, today announced its financial results for the fourth quarter and the fiscal year ended December 31, 2011.
Fourth Quarter Fiscal 2011 Highlights
- Sales decreased 16.8% from fourth quarter of 2010 to NIS 59.1 million ( US$ 15.5 million)
- Gross profit decreased 60.4% from fourth quarter of 2010 to NIS 7.5 million ( US$ 2.0 million), or 12.7% of sales
- Operating loss of NIS 4.1 million ( US$ 1.1 million) compared to operating income of NIS 6.2 million ( US$ 1.6 million) in the fourth quarter of 2010
- Net income decreased 65.4% from fourth quarter of 2010 to NIS 2.8 million ( US$ 0.7 million), or 4.7% of sales
- Net income attributed to the owners of the Company decreased 60.3% from fourth quarter of 2010 to NIS 2.9 million ( US$ 0.8 million), or 5.0% of sales
- Cash and securities balance of NIS 198.1 million ( US$ 51.8 million) as of December 31, 2011
As announced by the Company on December 18, 2011 and January 2, 2012, Willi-Food sold its entire 51% ownership interest in Shamir Salads for NIS 12 million to other shareholders of Shamir Salads as a result of settlement of a dispute with those shareholders. In addition, the Company received NIS 1.5 million in past due management fees as part of the settlement. As a result of the sale, the results of the operation of Shamir Salads, which comprised the entire manufacturing segment, is presented as discontinued operations. See Note C below.Willi-Food's operating divisions include Willi-Food, a distributor of a broad variety of kosher foods, and its wholly-owned Gold Frost, a designer, developer and distributor of branded kosher dairy food products.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV