U.S. authorities have filed criminal charges against Capt. Clayton Frederick Osbon. The Justice Department has charged Osbon with interfering with the crew, and he faces up to 20 years in prison if convicted. Osbon remains at a guarded facility at a Texas hospital.
Osbon began acting irrationally while flying the JetBlue plane from LaGuardia Airport in NewYork to Las Vegas on Tuesday, when the crew was forced to lock him out of the cockpit. It was then that the pilot ran through the cabin yelling about religion, terrorists, Iran and Iraq before passengers subdued him.
Starbucks (SBUX) is a popular topic after the coffee chain said it would roll out another new product offering. After its recent announcements that it will begin its own line of single-cup home coffee brewers, energy drinks and a new chain of Evolution Fresh juice bars, some Starbucks locations will now carry beer and wine. Several Seattle locations now carry the alcoholic beverages, with plans for locations in Los Angeles, Chicago and Atlanta to carry them by the end of the year. Not all of the more than 19,000 Starbucks locations across the globe will end up offering beer and wine. A Starbucks representative attributed the move to customer requests for the alcoholic beverages to be sold at the coffee chain.
Illumina (ILMN) is trending as Roche increased its bid for the gene-sequencing company to $51 per share in effort to accelerate the takeover process. Roche raised its offer from $44.50, which valued Illumina at $5.7 billion, a number Illumina rejected as too low. Roche's new bid for Illumina values the company at more than $6.5 billion.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV