Gentium SpA Stock Upgraded (GENT)
- GENT's debt-to-equity ratio is very low at 0.12 and is currently below that of the industry average, implying that there has been very successful management of debt levels. To add to this, GENT has a quick ratio of 1.90, which demonstrates the ability of the company to cover short-term liquidity needs.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly increased by 281.60% to $0.39 million when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, GENTIUM SPA -ADR has also vastly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of -6.24%.
- The gross profit margin for GENTIUM SPA -ADR is rather high; currently it is at 68.40%. Regardless of GENT's high profit margin, it has managed to decrease from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, GENT's net profit margin of -0.40% significantly underperformed when compared to the industry average.
- GENTIUM SPA -ADR has exprienced a steep decline in earnings per share in the most recent quarter in comparison to its performance from the same quarter a year ago. The company has suffered a declining pattern of earnings per share over the past year. However, we anticipate this trend reversing over the coming year. During the past fiscal year, GENTIUM SPA -ADR reported lower earnings of $0.23 versus $0.36 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($0.72 versus $0.23).
-- Written by a member of TheStreet RatingsStaff
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.