Acacia Research Coroporation Stock Upgraded (ACTG)
- Even though the debt-to-equity ratio shows mixed results, the company's quick ratio of 10.76 is very high and demonstrates very strong liquidity.
- ACTG's very impressive revenue growth greatly exceeded the industry average of 9.7%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues leaped by 58.7%. This growth in revenue appears to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, improving the earnings per share.
- Net operating cash flow has increased to $16.45 million or 12.87% when compared to the same quarter last year. The firm also exceeded the industry average cash flow growth rate of -1.49%.
- Powered by its strong earnings growth of 37.50% and other important driving factors, this stock has surged by 32.24% over the past year, outperforming the rise in the S&P 500 Index during the same period. Looking ahead, the stock's sharp rise over the last year has already helped drive it to a level which is relatively expensive compared to the rest of its industry. We feel, however, that other strengths this company displays justify these higher price levels.
- ACACIA RESEARCH CORP has improved earnings per share by 37.5% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, ACACIA RESEARCH CORP reported lower earnings of $0.54 versus $0.97 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($1.84 versus $0.54).
-- Written by a member of TheStreet RatingsStaff
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.