Toy and games maker Hasbro (HAS) hasn't come up with a lot of new characters and board games recently, but it's done a remarkable job of finding additional spinoff ideas and ancillary revenue streams for its core properties. As a result, per-share profits are likely to hit a record $3 this year and could hit $4 by 2014.
Investors had been quite bullish on the company's prospects, pushing shares up towards the $50 mark in late 2010, but the stock can now be had for around $35.
As is the case with Cisco Systems, Hasbro has applied its prodigious cash flow to stock buybacks. The share count has shrunk for seven straight years to a recent 137 million, and that figure could fall below 130 million by 2013.At a recent meeting with investors, management laid out a series of initiatives being pursued in 2012 that sets the stage for rebounding growth in 2013 and beyond. Hasbro, one of the highest-yielding consumer durables stocks, shows up on a list of 10 High-Quality Stocks for 2012. Follow @stockpickr
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV