Cisco (CSCO) changed hands for $70 back in 2001, but can be had for $20 these days. It may not be the high-growth name it was a decade ago, but it sure is profitable.
The networking giant has generated $60 billion on free cash flow over the last decade, which has left the company with $60 billion in gross cash parked on its balance sheet. That kind of cash flow has enabled Cisco to keep buying back its stock: The share count has fallen from 7.1 billion back in fiscal 2003 to a recent 5.5 billion.
Current buyback plans could push that figure down to five billion in the next 18-24 months. Shares trade for just 10 times projected fiscal 2013 profits, and even those projections could prove to be conservative if the U.S. economy starts to grow at an accelerating pace.Cisco shows up on lists of 3 Stocks That Could Reach a $1 Trillion Market Cap and 3 Tech Turnaround Stocks for 2012.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV