Abbott Labs (ABT), a provider of medical devices, hospital supplies and pharmaceuticals, has been expanding through the ups and downs of the economy. Sales have steadily grown and per-share profits are expected to hit a company record $5 this year.
Analysts think EPS can hit $6 by 2014. It's also a very safe stock with a beta of just 0.4. (Beta explains how a stock moves in a broader market, so if the market fell, this stock would be predicted to fall at a smaller rate).
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV