NEW YORK (Stockpickr) -- Investors sat through a lot of ups and downs over the last decade or so. The economy slumped when the dot.com bubble was pricked, rebounded nicely by the middle of the decade, and slumped anew as the decade wound down.
The U.S. economy appears to be back in rebound mode, but so many headwinds remain in place that we still may see yet another economic slump in coming quarters.
To sleep well at night, you may as well focus on companies that will be growing this year, next year and the year after that. It's pretty easy to spot these companies. They boosted sales every year in the last decade, even as the broader economy was on a rollercoaster. These "rain or shine" businesses have pricing power, defensible market share, and myriad international expansion opportunities.Here are seven companies that have boosted sales every year in the last decade. Each one appears reasonably priced, trading for less than 13 times projected 2013 profits.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV