TORONTO, March 28, 2012 /PRNewswire/ - NexGen Financial Corporation ("NexGen" or "the Company"), (TSXV: NFX) today announced its financial results for the three and twelve month periods ended December 31, 2011. These results are consistent with the preliminary and unaudited financial results announced on February 2, 2012.
- Assets under management 1 ("AUM") increased 12% to $920 million as of December 31, 2011, from $823 million as at December 31, 2010 compared to an industry decline of 0.3% over the same period
- $135 million in net sales of mutual funds for 2011
- Management and administration fee revenues increased 44% to $12.9 million for 2011, from $9.0 million in the prior year
- Operating EBITDA 2 improved by $2.1 million to $1.1 million ( $0.25 per share) for 2011, from negative $1.0 million (negative $0.22 per share) in the prior year
- In February 2012, subsequent to year end, NexGen listed its common shares on the TSX-V under the symbol NFX
NexGen reported a net loss for 2011 of $1.9 million (loss of $0.40 per share), unchanged from a net loss of $1.9 million (loss of $0.41 per share) in the prior year. Included in the 2011 results was a one-time non-cash income tax expense of $1.1 million recognized in the first quarter of 2011 resulting from a corporate reorganization. On an adjusted basis (excluding this one-time item) net loss for 2011 would have been $0.8 million.
"In 2011, despite the challenging financial markets, we made strong progress across a number of key areas, generating $135 million in net sales and increasing our Assets Under Management for the fifth consecutive year", said Laurie Munro, CEO of NexGen. "We continue to invest in our business, expanding our sales and marketing teams as we intensify our efforts to introduce NexGen's unique tax-efficient investment solutions to a broader range of advisors and investors.""In February of this year, we completed our listing on the TSX-Venture Exchange," continued Mr. Munro. "This is an important milestone for our company and we look forward to continuing to build and grow our business to create long-term value for our shareholders"
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
24/7 market commentary from Jim Cramer and 20+ veteran Wall Street gurus. Get access to the latest trading ideas on stocks, options, and ETFs as well as a real-time forum to see the pros exchanging their investment ideas.
- Jim Cramer + 20 Wall Street pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Real-time trading forum
- Actionable trade ideas
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV