Procter & Gamble
As one of the world's largest consumer products manufacturers, Procter & Gable (PG) is no stranger to Dow investors. But a 3.11% dividend yield gives this stock Dog status for 2012 -- and makes shares worth taking a second look at today.
Procter & Gamble owns some of the most well-known consumer brands out there, from Tide detergent to Charmin toilet paper to Gillette razors. That consumer non-cyclical exposure has been a big benefit for shareholders looking for defensive positioning during shaky market conditions. Because P&G's offerings are crucial for households, and customer stickiness relatively is high for most of its brands, the firm never saw the recessionary sales drops that Wall Street expected back in 2008 and 2009.Now increasing international exposure is P&G's path to growth. As a burgeoning middle class in the emerging markets starts spending more on household goods, Procter is taking an increasing share of buyers' shopping baskets abroad. Lowered costs should be an important trend to watch in 2012. Procter & Gamble, one of the top-yielding consumer non-durables stocks, is also one of 10 Top Warren Buffett Dividend Stocks. Follow @stockpickr
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV