Whiting Petroleum Corporation (NYSE: WLL) announced today that it completed its initial public offering of 18,400,000 units of beneficial interest in Whiting USA Trust II (NYSE: WHZ) at $20.00 per trust unit to the public. The number of trust units included the sale of 2,400,000 trust units pursuant to an exercise in full of the underwriters’ over-allotment option. Whiting Petroleum Corporation sold all of the trust units in the initial public offering and received net proceeds of approximately $341.6 million. Whiting Petroleum Corporation used the net proceeds from the offering to repay a portion of the debt outstanding under its credit agreement.
About Whiting Petroleum Corporation
Whiting Petroleum Corporation, a Delaware corporation, is an independent oil and gas company that explores for, develops, acquires and produces crude oil, natural gas and natural gas liquids primarily in the Rocky Mountain, Permian Basin, Mid-Continent, Michigan and Gulf Coast regions of the United States. The Company trades publicly under the symbol WLL on the New York Stock Exchange.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV