While I remain bullish looking forward, I recognize that the road ahead will likely be marked by potholes. For this reason, I am hesitant toward the idea of diving headfirst into a metal like platinum.
9 Oil, Gold Stocks That Rise on Bad News
A better way to play the precious metal spectrum at this time is to spread assets across a mix of bullish and bearish metals. By allowing funds like PPLT and IAU to reside under the same roof, investors can position themselves for continued strength from platinum while maintaining an element of protection for when the road gets rocky.
Written by Don Dion in Williamstown, Mass.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV