MILWAUKEE, March 28, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Briggs & Stratton Corporation (NYSE: BGG) would like to invite homeowners to learn why Briggs & Stratton® engines matter. This spring, Briggs & Stratton is launching a targeted national advertising campaign featuring four broadcast radio advertisements and a dedicated website – EnginesMatter.com. Homeowners will learn how important it is to choose the right engine when buying a new lawnmower and why Briggs & Stratton® engines are trusted by nearly 60 million households to power their lawn care equipment.
The "Moments of Truth" campaign, as it is being referred to internally at Briggs & Stratton, follows a fictional couple – "The Andersons" – as they discover their own moments of truth while shopping for a new lawnmower. Throughout their shopping process, the Andersons receive some friendly advice from the neighbors and learn about the importance of a dependable engine from a knowledgeable sales person. Their final moment of truth turns to true joy when they experience the quick and easy-to-start Briggs & Stratton® engine on their newly purchase lawnmower for the first time.
"We wanted the radio spots to convey, in a fun way, the social pressure you feel when you're the neighbor who isn't getting the grass cut," said Rick Zeckmeister, vice president of marketing and consumer planning for Briggs & Stratton. "When we survey homeowners about their lawnmowers, the ability to get the mower started always comes up as the thing that frustrates or delights them the most. We want to send a clear message to homeowners that having a Briggs & Stratton engine on your mower will help ensure that you're the neighbor that gets the grass cut well," continued Zeckmeister.
Homeowners who are seeking to buy their first lawnmower, or replace an old one, and visit EnginesMatter.com will learn that Briggs & Stratton is the engine brand that is trusted by millions of households and 8 out 10 of the leading power equipment brands. Homeowners who already own a lawnmower powered by a Briggs & Stratton engine can share their favorite engine and yard care stories by visiting EnginesMatter.com. Visitors will also learn more about Briggs & Stratton's:
- Strong commitment to manufacturing engines in the U.S.
- History of innovation as the world's largest producer of engines for outdoor power equipment.
- Efforts to be a more environmentally sustainable company.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV