The following commentary comes from an independent investor or market observer as part of TheStreet's guest contributor program, which is separate from the company's news coverage.
NEW YORK (MagicDiligence.com) -- Nature's Sunshine (NATR) is a direct selling, multi-level marketing firm. Herbal products account for about half of sales, including remedies for better circulation (Cardio Assurance), blood pressure (Blood Pressurex), and immune system function (Liquid Chlorophyll). Vitamins, minerals and supplements comprise another 43% of sales, catering to a wide variety of both general and targeted outcomes. Personal care, including skin and hair products, round out the portfolio. Nature's Sunshine is an international firm, with 45% of sales originating outside of the United States.
Multi-level marketing companies are nothing new to Magic Formula® Investing, or MFI. The direct marketing model involves individuals (known as distributors) recruiting additional distributors to buy and market products, and to recruit further distributors to build out a network. Essentially, this is a low-cost way to build both an advertising and distribution network, leading to high returns on capital.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV