DALLAS, March 28, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Texas Instruments (TI), already known for its leadership in math education technology solutions, is strengthening its foothold in science education with a complete solution for classroom, lab and field – including new digital science content which incorporates the TI-Nspire™ CX graphing handheld and software.
The TI Nspired Learning interactive science classroom, which is a versatile daily teaching system for the classroom, lab and field, is designed to increase student understanding with real-world simulations in the classroom and comprehensive data collection and analysis in the field or lab.
To further enrich the TI Nspired Learning science experience, TI has teamed up with some of the nation's top STEM content providers to create interactive and dynamic activities for science teachers and students. TI-Nspire CX handhelds and software help students more easily visualize concepts with rich, colorful lessons that integrate real-world scenarios of science in action– from skateboarding to space exploration to car racing. All of the free activities are classroom-ready, aligned to curriculum and assessment standards, and fully customizable.
TI will demo its science solution in TI booth #336 at the 2012 National Science Teacher Association (NSTA) National Conference in Indianapolis, March 29 – April 1. Specifically, TI will showcase its collaborations with:
- PhET ™ *. The PhET Project at the University of Colorado has delivered more than 60 million free educational simulations that are representations of real-life physical phenomena. TI will preview adaptations for a selection of these simulations, that when used with the TI-Nspire CX's interactive graphing capabilities, color screen and computer software, will bring middle school physical, life, and earth science concepts to life. These activities will be available through TI's Science Nspired online resource center, free of charge, in summer 2012.
- NASA. TI and NASA's Human Research Program Education Outreach (HRPEO) team will showcase its free Biology, Chemistry, and Physics activities based on NASA space exploration topics using TI-Nspire CX graphing technology. The educational content highlights science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM) careers at NASA to interest students and encourage the pursuit of STEM studies through high school and college.
- Ten80 Education. TI will showcase its involvement in the Ten80 Student Racing Challenge: NASCAR STEM Initiative. This initiative is a "practice league" where middle and high school students use radio controlled cars and the TI-Nspire CX graphing technology to collaborate and create products in ways that mirror professional motorsports teams, engineers and green transportation designers. TI will host sessions in its booth that will include activities based on race engineering, aerodynamic design, alternative energy and creative engineering.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Jim Cramer + 20 Wall Street pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Real-time trading forum
- Actionable trade ideas
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV