TORONTO and LOS ANGELES, March 28, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Ortsbo.com (" Ortsbo") the leader in real-time experiential communications and a subsidiary of Intertainment Media Inc. (TSXV:INT / OTCQX: ITMTF / FRA: I4T) (" Intertainment Media"), today announced a number of important additions to its executive ranks as it prepares for operations as an independent company. The new hires, coming from some of North America's most prominent technology and entertainment companies, fulfill many critical management roles in the company's technical, customer support, communications and business development areas, among others.
Leading the team is Patrick Bultema , who moves from interim-President to Ortsbo's President, will report to David Lucatch, CEO of Ortsbo and Chief Executive Officer of Intertainment Media. Bultema brings over 30 years of experience leading emerging high-tech companies as an executive, investor, board member and corporate advisor. Prior to joining Ortsbo, Bultema was CEO of Internet software company CodeBaby as well as a venture partner with vSpring Capital, CEO of XAware, and CEO of FrontRange Solutions.
A noted author and speaker, Bultema is recognized as one of the leading experts in online customer experience and customer management. He has held positions as founder and Executive Chairman of Knowlix; Chairman and General Manager for the Help Desk Institute (then a Ziff-Davis company); and was founding Executive Editor of Customer Support Management magazine. Patrick holds a Bachelor's degree from California State University and a Master's from Princeton.
Also strengthening Ortsbo's management ranks are three new operational, non-executive officers, all reporting to Patrick Bultema:
- Bill Auvil , joining as Vice President of Customer Operations. Auvil has extensive experience in technical support, customer services, client relations, marketing and sales. He comes to Ortsbo from FrontRange Solutions where he was Vice President of Global Support Services, overseeing the daily operations and development of that company's global technical product support, customer care and maintenance renewals. He has also held senior management positions at Sykes Enterprises Inc. and IBM, and has served on CRM industry boards at Customer Support Management magazine and the Help Desk Institute.
- Mance Harmon , who becomes Vice President of Technology and Products. Harmon has a track record in innovative R&D and strategy formation, with experience in cloud operations, Web applications, mobile apps and platforms, machine learning and artificial intelligence. Harmon has been the founder/CEO of two successful technology companies, BlueWave Security and Trio Security, and has held senior technology leadership positions as Symbol Technologies (Motorola) and the Missile Defense Agency. Harmon also served as an instructor of computer science at the U.S. Air Force Academy and as a research scientist in machine learning at Wright-Patterson Air Force Base. Mance holds a Master's Degree from the University of Massachusetts (Amherst).
- Jacqueline Saltzer-Lamb , Vice President of Corporate Communications. Saltzer-Lamb has worked at a number of leading information technology and financial services companies and has an extensive background in strategic, corporate and executive communications. She joins Ortsbo from her post as Director of Global Product and Technology Communications at eBay. Prior posts include senior corporate communications positions at Charles Schwab, Oracle, PeopleSoft, FrontRange and Novell. Jacqueline holds a Bachelor's Degree from the University of California at Santa Barbara.
- Leemon Baird , Senior Director of Research and Advanced Technology. Most recently Baird was co-founder and CTO of BlueWave Security, and Senior Researcher at the Academy Center for Cyberspace Research at the U.S. Air Force Academy. Previously he was co-founder and CTO at Trio Security, and Director of Security Engineering at Symbol Technologies (Motorola) and a professor of computer science at the US Air Force Academy. Leemon holds a PhD in computer science from Carnegie Mellon University.
- Chris Peterson , Director of Digital Properties. Peterson, an Emmy-nominated digital producer and product developer, joins Ortsbo from MTV Networks where he held a variety of online production positions on the Nickelodeon Digital, The N Digital and Noggin teams. Prior to MTV, Petersen did project management, design and Web development for Lazard Asset Management and Net Technologies. Chris holds a Bachelor's Degree from Savannah College of Art and Design.
- Matthew Grotenstein , Director of Language Services. A translation industry veteran, Grotenstein brings over 10 years of experience including a prior position as U.S. Business Development Director for CLS Communication, one of the world's largest language translation providers. He serves as chairman of Red T, a translation industry non-profit organization. Matthew holds a Bachelor's Degree from Fordham University in New York City.
- Alex McCallum , Director of Business Development. McCallum has deep background in business development and joins Ortsbo from Research In Motion (RIM) where he was Director, Consumer Alliances, helping companies build effective go-to-market and business strategies for their businesses. Prior to RIM, McCallum worked for TD Bank Financial Group. Alex holds a Bachelor's and Masters Degree from Wilfrid Laurier University.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts