BOSTON, March 28, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Carbonite, Inc. (NASDAQ: CARB), a leading provider of online backup solutions for consumers and small and medium sized businesses, released new functionality to backup network attached storage (NAS) devices via Carbonite Business. With this added functionality, Carbonite Business provides small and medium sized businesses (SMBs) with peace of mind knowing that their on-premise backup solution can also be backed up to Carbonite's secure off site data centers—adding a layer of data redundancy and protection.
A recent Carbonite study revealed more than 20 percent of SMBs with 6-30 computers are using a NAS device to back up their data onsite.* Carbonite Business NAS backup allows SMBs to easily back up the contents of these devices to the cloud. Once enabled, any data saved on the NAS will be automatically protected in the cloud. Users can also access their important data from the cloud from any internet-connected device, even when they are working remotely or on-the-go.
"The new NAS backup functionality delivers on Carbonite's ability to simplify back up for our small business customers and demonstrates our commitment to adding new features that best meet our customers' needs," said Peter Lamson, senior vice president of small business for Carbonite. "Alternative NAS backup options are complicated, as they require remembering directory structures and paths, or obscure menu settings. With Carbonite, the admin simply selects the NAS device with a click of the mouse and selects 'back this up,' so it's a more consistent and intuitive way of backing up."Carbonite Business and Carbonite BusinessPremier offer SMBs an easy-to-use, affordable solution to safeguard their valuable business data and files by automatically, securely backing them up. Carbonite saves time and money, provides extra protection for a business' files, and makes getting those files back quick and easy. NAS backup functionality has been added to a list of advanced features Carbonite offers to meet the distinct needs of small businesses, including:
- External hard drive backup : Business users can add files and folders saved on an external drive to their online backup.
- Web-based administrative dashboard : This simple dashboard can be accessed from any computer connected to the Internet and lets the manager check the backup status for multiple computers, invite new users, monitor the company's backup storage level and purchase additional storage, if needed.
- Windows Server backup : With Carbonite BusinessPremier, users can also back up servers running Microsoft Windows Server 2003, 2008 and 2011.
- Anytime, Anywhere Access : Carbonite Business users can access their backed up files from any Web browser or from a smartphone or tablet.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV