International Shipholding Corporation (NYSE: ISH) today announced that the sales of two of its International Flag Pure Car Truck Carriers, ASIAN KING and ASIAN EMPEROR, pursuant to its previously disclosed agreement with Norwegian Car Carriers ASA, were successfully closed and the vessels were delivered to Norwegian Car Carriers ASA on March 26 and 27, 2012. This transaction realizes a reportable gain of approximately $3.5 million in the first quarter. Proceeds paid down debt of about $35 million collateralized by these vessels and will strengthen ISH’s position to pursue accretive growth opportunities. DnB NOR Markets, Inc. acted as exclusive advisor to the Company.
About International Shipholding Corporation
International Shipholding Corporation, through its subsidiaries, operates a diversified fleet of U.S. and international flag vessels that provide worldwide and domestic maritime transportation services to commercial and governmental customers primarily under medium to long-term charters and contracts.
For more information about the company, please visit www.intship.com.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV