SEATTLE, March 28, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- ShareBuilder 401k, a leading provider of retirement plans for small and mid-size business owners and their employees, is expanding its All-ETF 401(k) platform with the addition of five new funds aimed at helping investors diversify, preserve and grow assets over time and through various market conditions.
Effective March 1, ShareBuilder 401k's easy-to-use, cost effective retirement planning platform for businesses ranging from self-employed to mid-size companies has added the following funds to its All-ETF 401(k) lineup:
- iShares Gold Fund (IAU);
- PowerShares General Commodities Fund (DBC);
- iShares Socially Responsible Fund (KLD);
- SPDR's International Bond Fund (BMX); and
- PowerShares Emerging Market Bond Fund (PCY).
"We're pleased to enhance our All-ETF 401(k) with access to new commodities, international fixed income, emerging markets and socially responsible funds," said Stuart Robertson, ShareBuilder 401k general manager. "These funds offer important diversification options to help investors preserve and grow investments through varying economic climates while, at the same time, address the growing demand for socially responsible investments."
Historically, asset classes perform differently as economic growth and inflation fluctuates. For example, during strong economic growth periods with low inflation, stocks have performed well. However, when the economy slows and there is high inflation, gold and commodities have outperformed other asset classes.ShareBuilder 401k now offers access to a total of 20 ETFs and one money market fund. As ShareBuilder 401k is not a fund provider, it takes an unbiased approach in the evaluation and selection of funds with a focus on low-expense investments from the leading ETF providers. Plan participants may select funds independently or choose from five model portfolios designed and managed by ShareBuilder's in-house investment committee. Each plan is fully-supported with access to 401(k) consultants, customer success managers, implementation specialists and customer care for each participant.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV