EUR-USD Still Recovering Despite Hesitation
The following commentary comes from an independent investor or market observer as part of TheStreet's guest contributor program, which is separate from the company's news coverage.
NEW YORK ( fxtechstrategy.com) -- Although the euro halted its recovery against the U.S. dollar from 1.3003 on Tuesday, closing lower, it remains biased to the upside.
As long as EUR-USD can maintain above its broken resistance at the 1.3288 level, it should eventually return to the 1.3483 level. A breach there will pave the way for a further climb toward its Dec. 2 high at 1.3547, with price extension targeting its weekly 200 exponential moving average at 1.3642.Follow TheStreet on Twitter and become a fan on Facebook. Conversely, the risk to this analysis will be a return to the 1.3003 level traded the past week followed by the 1.2975 level. A break there would push the pair further lower toward the Jan. 23 low of 1.2879. Further down, support lies at the 1.2620 level. All in all, EUR remains biased to the upside on correction.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV