Warren Resources Inc. Stock Upgraded (WRES)
- WARREN RESOURCES INC has shown improvement in its earnings for its most recently reported quarter when compared with the same quarter a year earlier. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, WARREN RESOURCES INC increased its bottom line by earning $0.30 versus $0.28 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($0.33 versus $0.30).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Oil, Gas & Consumable Fuels industry. The net income increased by 855.7% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $0.31 million to $3.00 million.
- Despite its growing revenue, the company underperformed as compared with the industry average of 22.9%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 20.8%. This growth in revenue appears to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, improving the earnings per share.
- The gross profit margin for WARREN RESOURCES INC is currently very high, coming in at 76.90%. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of 11.00% is above that of the industry average.
- Net operating cash flow has increased to $14.57 million or 26.42% when compared to the same quarter last year. The firm also exceeded the industry average cash flow growth rate of 3.62%.
-- Written by a member of TheStreet RatingsStaff
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
Every recommendation goes through 3 layers of intense scrutinyquantitative, fundamental and technical analysisto maximize profit potential and minimize risk.
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.