Texas.gov, the official website of the State of Texas, in partnership with the Texas Department of Public Safety (DPS), recently launched an improved service that enables Texans to renew their driver license/ID card or change their address online – www.texas.gov/DLRenewal.
One of the most popular services on Texas.gov, the Driver License Renewal and Change of Address application is an easy, more convenient alternative than visiting the DPS office to complete these tasks. Featuring a fresh design and plain language instructions, the service guides users through a simple transaction that takes just a few minutes to complete. The enhanced service is also intuitive and accessible by all Texans:
- It functions on all Internet browser platforms, including mobile;
- It is also offered in human rather than machine-translated Spanish; and
- It is 100% Section-508 compliant, meeting the accessibility needs of users with visual, hearing or other disabilities.
Driver licenses and IDs must be renewed every 6 years, and any Texan who has moved must change their address on file with DPS within 30 days. In order to use the online service, certain eligibility requirements, such as citizenship, age, and warrant status, must be met.
A growing number of Texans are now choosing to go online instead of to a DPS office. Since January 2012, more than 225,000 renewals and change of address transactions were completed online. The response to the enhanced service has also been very positive with comments such as, “Online service was fast and user-friendly” and “Worked great. A wonderful time and money saver.”And remember, if you are in need of other driver services, Texas.gov/Driver offers Vehicle Registration Renewal, Driver Records, Driver License Reinstatement, and more. About Texas.gov Texas.gov is the official website of the state of Texas ( http://www.texas.gov) and is a collaborative public/private partnership managed by the Department of Information Resources (DIR). Texas.gov helps state and local government entities Web-enable their services and operates without tax funds through a partnership between the state and Texas NICUSA, LLC. Texas NICUSA builds, operates, maintains, and markets Texas.gov and is part of eGovernment firm NIC’s (NASDAQ: EGOV) family of companies. Since its launch in 2000, Texas.gov has securely processed more than 165 million financial transactions and collected more than $23 billion on behalf of participating entities. About NIC NIC Inc. is the nation’s leading provider of official government websites, online services, and secure payment processing solutions. The company’s innovative eGovernment services help reduce costs and increase efficiencies for government agencies, citizens, and businesses across the country. Our popular self-funded solution allows government to put in-demand services online without using taxpayer funds. The NIC family of companies currently provides cost-effective eGovernment solutions for more than 3,500 federal, state, and local agencies in the United States. Additional information is available at http://www.egov.com.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV