HOUSTON, March 27, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Westlake Chemical Corporation (NYSE: WLK), the Houston-based petrochemical and building products company, announced today the establishment of an office in Singapore. The official opening ceremony for the office was attended by Westlake's Chairman, James Chao, and other company officials.
In speaking of this new office Mr. Chao stated, "We are excited to open this new office in Singapore to serve as a platform for our greater Asian and global strategy. Our company has a strong historical presence in the region and this office will further strengthen our operations and our ability to compete on a global basis."
The office will be led by Mr. David Chao, Director of Business Development – Asia for the company, and will focus on nurturing existing and historical relationships and seeking new opportunities for growth and expansion in the region.Westlake Chemical Corporation (WLK) Westlake Chemical Corporation is an international manufacturer and supplier of petrochemicals, polymers and building products with headquarters in Houston, Texas. The company's range of products includes: ethylene, polyethylene, styrene, propylene, caustic, VCM, PVC resin and PVC building products including PVC pipe, windows and fence. For more information, including career opportunities, visit the company's website at http://www.westlake.com. SOURCE Westlake Chemical Corporation
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV