JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) today announced that on April 30, 2012, BANK ONE Capital VI will redeem 17,000,000 of its outstanding 7.20% Preferred Securities (CUSIP No. 06423W204; ticker symbol JPM-PrO) (the “Preferred Securities”) which have a liquidation amount of $425,000,000. Following this partial redemption, Preferred Securities having a liquidation amount of $100,000,000 will remain outstanding.
The redemption price will be 100% of the liquidation amount of the Preferred Securities, together with accrued and unpaid distributions to the redemption date. The Institutional Trustee with respect to the Preferred Securities is The Bank of New York Mellon, located at 111 Sanders Creek Parkway, East Syracuse, New York 13057, Attention: Redemption Unit.
The redemption is being effected under the optional redemption provisions applicable to the debentures held by BANK ONE Capital VI, and not pursuant to redemption provisions relating to the determination of the occurrence of a "Capital Treatment Event." The redemption will be funded with available cash.
About JPMorgan Chase & Co.JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.3 trillion and operations in more than 60 countries. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers, small businesses and commercial banking, financial transaction processing, asset management and private equity. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, JPMorgan Chase & Co. serves millions of consumers in the United States and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under its J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Information about JPMorgan Chase & Co. is available at www.jpmorganchase.com.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV