PVH Corp. (NYSE: PVH) reported 2011 fourth quarter and full year results.
The discussions of historical results in this release that refer to non-GAAP amounts exclude the items which are described in this release under the heading “Non-GAAP Exclusions.” Reconciliations of GAAP to non-GAAP amounts are presented later in this release and identify and quantify all excluded items.
Overview of Fourth Quarter Results:
- Earnings per share was $1.18 on a non-GAAP basis, which exceeded the Company’s guidance and the consensus estimate and represents an increase of 27% over the prior year’s fourth quarter non-GAAP earnings per share of $0.93.
- GAAP earnings per share was $1.11, which exceeded the Company’s guidance and represents an increase of 54% as compared to the prior year’s fourth quarter GAAP earnings per share of $0.72.
- Revenue increased 10% to $1.533 billion over the prior year’s fourth quarter. The revenue increase of $134.7 million is attributable to the net effect of (i) an increase of $111.2 million, or 16%, in the Company’s Tommy Hilfiger business; (ii) an increase of $29.5 million, or 12%, in the Company’s Calvin Klein business; and (iii) a decrease of $6.0 million, or 1%, in the Company’s Heritage Brands business.
- Earnings before interest and taxes on a non-GAAP basis of $128.4 million was relatively flat to the prior year’s fourth quarter, as the Tommy Hilfiger and Calvin Klein revenue increases noted above were offset by a decrease in the Heritage Brands business due to a reduction in gross margin rates resulting from the impact of product cost increases.
- GAAP earnings before interest and taxes improved to $108.9 million from $91.8 million in the prior year’s fourth quarter, primarily due to the impact of reduced integration and restructuring charges.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV