- Net sales totaled $68.8 million and same store sales decreased 14%, compared to the comparable nine-week period last year.
- Operating loss totaled $32.6 million and included $9.0 million, or $0.25 per share, of restructuring charges. The Company recorded approximately $8.3 million related to accrued lease termination liabilities associated with stores identified for closure as part of its real estate restructuring efforts. The Company also recorded approximately $0.4 million of severance charges related to terminations at its corporate office and in the Company’s field organization in the nine weeks ended January 28, 2012. In addition, the Company recorded approximately $0.3 million of other miscellaneous store closing costs.
- Net loss for the nine-week period totaled $31.7 million, or ($0.89) per share, including the $0.25 per share for restructuring charges mentioned above, and an effective tax rate of 2.5%, which is significantly lower than the statutory rate due to the Company’s maintenance of a full valuation allowance against its deferred tax assets.
Christopher & Banks Corporation Reports Results For The Nine And Forty-Eight Week Periods Ended January 28, 2012
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
Portfolio Manager Jim Cramer and Director of Research Jack Mohr reveal their investment tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
David Peltier uncovers low dollar stocks with serious upside potential that are flying under Wall Street's radar.
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
David Peltier identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
Every recommendation goes through 3 layers of intense scrutinyquantitative, fundamental and technical analysisto maximize profit potential and minimize risk.
Our options trading pros provide over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.