5 Tech Stocks Hitting 52-Week Highs: NVLS, HIT, RHT, EMC, TSM
Shares of Taiwan Semiconductor hit a 52-week high Tuesday of $15.51. The stock's 52-week low of $10.75 was set on Aug. 18.
Taiwan Semiconductor shares trade at an estimated price-to-earnings ratio for next year of 13.9X; the average for semiconductor companies is 23.13X. For comparison, United Microelectronic (UMC) has a lower forward P/E of 13.28X.Six of the eight analysts who cover Taiwan Semiconductor rate it at hold; two analysts give the stock a buy rating. TheStreet Ratings gives Taiwan Semiconductor an A+ grade with a buy rating and $17.36 price target. The stock has risen 19.13% year to date. Analyst comment: "TSMC believes supply chain inventory will return to seasonal levels by March vs prior expectations of 2Q12," Bank of America Merrill Lynch analysts wrote in a March 15 report. "Whether inventory overshoots in the June quarter will depend on end-demand, it said. Nevertheless, TSMC expects upside to its current capex budget ($6bn), which is driven by 28nm demand and early-ramp yields."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV