Alimera Sciences (ALIM) is a biopharmaceutical company that specializes in the research, development and commercialization of prescription ophthalmic pharmaceuticals. This stock is trading up 7.2% at $3.89 in recent trading.
Today's Range: $3.65-$3.9552-Week Range: $1.09-$9.28 Volume: 157,000 Three-Month Average Volume: 339,340 From a technical perspective, ALIM is ripping higher today and flirting with some near-term breakout levels on light volume. Traders should look for long-biased trades if ALIM can take out some near-term overhead resistance at $3.91 with volume. Look for a sustained high-volume move and close above that level that registers near or above 339,340 shares. If we get that action today or soon, look for ALIM to trigger an even bigger breakout if the stock can take out $4.43 to $5.06 (200-day) with volume. Any high-volume move above those levels will set this stock up to run back towards $8 since there's very little overhead resistance until that price point.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV