Metabolix (MBLX) is a bioscience company focused on bringing environmentally friendly solutions to the plastics, chemicals and energy industries. This stock is trading up 4.2% at $3.39 in recent trading.
Today's Range: $3.28-$3.4752-Week Range: $2.34-$10.95 Volume: 82,000 Three-Month Average Volume: 486,718 From a technical perspective, MBLX has started to flirt with a major breakout trade today now that this stock is challenging some near-term overhead resistance at $3.43. At last check, the volume is extremely light but the stock has hit a daily high of $3.47. Traders should look for long-biased trades as long as MBLX is trending above $3.43 and above its daily high of $3.47 with strong upside volume flows. This breakout could be a major one if it hits because it will push MBLX into a gap zone from when the stock gapped down in January from $6 to $2.50 with heavy volume.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV