DoSomething.org COO Selected As Youngest 2012 Honoree In Crain's New York Business 25th Annual '40 Under 40' Issue
NEW YORK, March 27, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- This week Aria Finger, COO of DoSomething.org, the largest US organization for teens and social change, proves Millennials have the ability to make big things happen. Selected as a 2012 honoree for the Crain's New York Business "40 Under 40" award, she also graces the cover of the 25th annual issue – tongue ring and all.
Aria started working at DoSomething.org in 2005 after graduating from Washington University in St. Louis. In just five years, she rose from Associate to COO of the organization. Under her leadership, DoSomething.org's corporate funding more than tripled from 2007 to 2011, and she increased annual teen participation over 400%.
"I feel both excited and undeserving," says Aria. "Working at DoSomething.org is amazing because I'm involved with teens who do real things to impact social change. In the last year our members gathered 1.3 million pounds of food for the hungry, conducted 1,200 bone marrow drives, collected 1.2 million pairs of jeans for homeless teens, and more. Being part of this equation is the most important thing I do."
Turning 30 next year, Aria is the youngest person in the 2012 class of "40 Under 40," but she is one of the oldest employees at DoSomething.org. "We really put our money where our mouth is," says DoSomething.org's CEO and Chief Old Person, Nancy Lublin. "As an organization for teens and social change, we have to think young and act young. Aria is proof that you don't have to be a 50 year-old father of three to make things happen. As COO, she has half the company reporting to her and is responsible for all the campaigns we run, most marketing partnerships and all corporate revenue."Most recently, Aria was named a World Economic Forum Global Shaper in their NY hub and was one of 70 people under the age of 30 globally selected to attend the 2012 World Economic Forum Annual Meeting in Davos. She also is an adjunct professor at NYU, helping to mold future generations of edgy do-gooders by teaching the Business of Not-for-Profit Management. In true DoSomething.org style, we're celebrating with a 'top 11 facts about Aria Finger (and why she is awesome)' list:
- She was born on New Year's Day (currently 29, she is this year's youngest "40 under 40" honoree)
- After going off on a rant in a class during 11th grade, someone wrote "COMMUNIST" in chalk on her locker (she cried classless tears)
- At the age of 24, she cold-called her way to six-figure partnerships with top corporate brands
- Her dad, a hippie activist who always stands up for what's right, was arrested for protesting the Vietnam War
- At 6 feet tall, she is the shortest member of her family
- Her little brother is a professional basketball player in Japan (he is 6'9")
- During her interview process at DoSomething.org, she had to do a PowerPoint presentation about why she should be hired (it worked)
- She's running in this year's Mohawk Hudson Valley Marathon
- She is a professor at NYU
- Her tongue is pierced
- She was valedictorian of her high school
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV