SEATTLE, March 27, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Alaska Airlines today unveiled its "Airport of the Future" at Los Angeles International Airport in a newly remodeled Terminal 6, where the carrier has replaced traditional ticket counters with customer-friendly check-in kiosks and bag-check stations. Alaska's move from Terminal 3 to Terminal 6 also offers travelers more convenient access to U.S. Customs and Border Protection checkpoints and to alliance partner Delta Air Lines, located in Terminal 5.
Alaska to be the easiest airline to fly on, and our new terminal in
Los Angeles furthers our mission to make travel hassle-free and seamless for our customers," said
Bill Ayer, Alaska Airlines' chairman and CEO. "Our new terminal has a friendly and spacious feel, with a state-of the-art check-in process, a shorter walk to the security checkpoint, convenient connections with international flights and access to electrical outlets throughout our gates. These features should make
Alaska's LAX passenger experience one of the best in the country."
The new Airport of the Future check-in process at LAX Terminal 6
- Instead of waiting in line at a ticket counter, travelers who haven't already checked in online or with a mobile device can print their boarding passes and pay for checked bags at a self-service kiosk. Travelers with carry-on luggage can proceed directly to the security checkpoint conveniently located one level above Airport of the Future.
- Passengers checking luggage then proceed to a nearby bag-check station, where customer service agents scan customers' boarding passes and attach bag tags. A new conveyor belt system weighs the luggage and moves it automatically through a state-of-the-art security screening system and then on to the aircraft.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV