DODGEVILLE, Wis., March 27, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- From Easter and Mother's Day to graduations and weddings, spring is the season for fashionable family get-togethers and camera-ready occasions. The key to successful, no-fuss dressing for kids is finding pieces that offer the comfort they need in the styles kids and parents want. From boys' suiting to girls' dresses and everything in between, Lands' End makes special-occasion dressing a breeze with buttoned-up styles that are comfortable enough to wear everyday.
"As a kid's designer, and as a parent, I look for innovative ways to design pulled-together looks for special occasions, understanding how important it is for kids to look good and feel good," said Liz Pierce, senior design director, Lands' End Kids. "Our spring collection captures the best of both worlds for parents and kids – fashion-forward styles for any occasion in soft, washed fabrics and relaxed fits that kids will actually want to wear at a value parents appreciate."Pierce shares the following kids' fashion trends that parents and kids can agree on:
- Bright Colors: This season's color palette mirrors kids' vibrant, energetic personalities with a rainbow of bright, saturated colors. Girls can show off their sunny side with the Floral Woven Side-tie Skort's ($35) cheerful combination of pink, tangerine and lime. The Short Sleeve Tiered Polo Dress ($39) is sweet in dragonfruit or glacier blue dots. Boys will be anything but boring in a Long Sleeve Plaid Shirt ($29) or Short Sleeve Mesh Polo ($19) in a spectrum of colors including Phipps orange or sail blue. Designed with quality, comfort and style in mind, the boys' Mesh Polo features a slightly longer and slimmer fit, which looks good tucked in or not, and a tad shorter sleeves with a more open armhole for added comfort boys will appreciate.
- Nautical: Kids step out in style in this season's hottest nautical-inspired fashions. The girls' Short-sleeve Full Gathered Dress ($35) is a showstopper with cap sleeves and a circle skirt in a bold chain-link print. The Long-sleeve Pocket Sailor Dress ($39) is an instant classic with its clean lines and classic striped pattern. For boys, the Short Sleeve Stripe Mesh Polo ($25) and Mainstay Boat Shoes are a versatile pairing for backyard barbeques or Sunday brunch.
- Seersucker: Seersucker's characteristic crinkle makes it a great choice for kids. The fabric's weave allows air to circulate and keeps kids cool. Its relaxed, lived-in look lets parents skip the ironing. Dapper boys will be picture-perfect in the Washed Seersucker Blazer ($65) paired with the Seersucker Pants ($35) or Cadet Shorts ($29). The girl's Woven Jumper ($35) is classic in sail blue or fresh in clear pink.
- Chambray: This classic, workwear fabric is soft and durable – a perfect combination for kids. Look for updated, tailored styles that take this everyday fabric to the next level. The boys' Long Sleeve Chambray Shirt ($29) looks smart under a Washed Chino Blazer ($65), constructed with rugged twill for durability and washed down for softness. For girls, the Strappy Pintuck Woven Dress ($35) layers perfectly under a Washed Cotton Jean Jacket ($39) for cool evenings.
- Accessories: An ordinary look becomes extraordinary with the right accessories. The girls' Print Mix Gauze Scarf ($15), Tulle Flower Head Band ($15) and Hair Clips ( $9 - $15) add a pop of personality to any outfit. Boys will be dressed to the nines with Ties and Bow Ties ($19) in madras, chambray or the snappy crab motif. Top it off with a Straw Fedora ($25) for boys or girls or the girls' Bucket Hat ($19) in eyelet, seersucker and chambray.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV