Today, youth marketing agency Barnes & Noble College Marketing (BNCM), the leader in marketing to college students and young adults, announced that it reached a new marketing milestone by reaching one quarter of all U.S. college students. The college marketing agency now has on campus marketing capabilities on more than 640 Barnes & Noble College (BNC) campus bookstores across the country, the largest and most engaged social media network of its kind, and a group of e-commerce websites that receives more than 160 million visitors annually. This growing community has helped BNCM grow by 53 percent in three years, and it gives BNCM’s brand partners an unparalleled ability to market to college students.
“We have increased our portfolio of assets to maximize our level of on-campus engagement,” said Lisa Malat, BNC’s VP, Marketing & Operations. “Our growth and our on campus marketing abilities have positioned BNCM as a premier youth marketing agency, and it has provided our brand partners with greater scalability and access to the elusive college market segment.”
In fiscal year 2011, BNCM executed multi-platform marketing programs for more than three dozen global brands and Fortune 100 & 500 clients, many of whom have partnered with BNCM for three, four and five plus years. Select partners include: Apple, Hewlett Packard, Microsoft, Garnier, Unilever, P&G, Adobe, Verizon, Hershey’s, Symantec, Johnson & Johnson and Pottery Barn.
BNCM’s access to nearly five million college students is the result of three factors, including:
- A growing number of bookstores: There are now more than 640 BNC bookstores nationwide, including 41 top NCAA Division I FBS schools, such as LSU, The Ohio State University, Penn State and University of Michigan, just to name a few. BNCM’s on-campus and community presence at top athletic universities provides its brand partners the opportunity to reach students and alumni on game day weekends.
- A robust social infrastructure: BNCM’s digital marketing assets, including social media, email marketing and website advertising, have increased by 112 percent over the past 3 years, and it is the largest network of its kind.
- A growing number of café stores: Now, more than 60 BNC bookstores feature Starbucks, which drive more foot traffic into BNC bookstores.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV