Comcast Corporation (Nasdaq: CMCSA, CMCSK), one of the nation's leading providers of information and communications products and services, today announced Comcast Business VoiceEdge™, a cloud-based voice and unified communications solution. Fully managed over Comcast’s network, Business VoiceEdge eliminates the need for expensive on-site equipment such as PBX and key systems, provides a predictable monthly cost, as well as a high service quality and customer experience. Additionally, Business VoiceEdge delivers a common user experience, high definition (HD)-quality voice service, and a full suite of unified communications features that help today’s multi-site organizations and mobile workforce communicate more efficiently. Business VoiceEdge is now available across most of Comcast’s Northeastern Division, which includes 14 states from Maine through Virginia and the District of Columbia, as well as Chicago. Nationwide rollout across Comcast’s entire service is targeted by the end of 2012.
“What sets Comcast apart from other players in this space is that we’re the only provider to combine a cloud-based voice service with vast network reach, a well-known brand and a strong focus on providing great products with high quality and consistency,” said Bill Stemper, President of Comcast Business Services. “Businesses, especially those with a distributed workforce, need a reliable and consistent voice solution that allows their “on-the-go” employees to stay connected anytime and anywhere. Together with our Ethernet and alongside our PRI services we are now delivering an array of solutions for all types of mid-sized organizations.”
With Business VoiceEdge, Comcast provides customers an affordable solution with unlimited nationwide calling, state-of-the-art Polycom phones at no additional charge, HD audio and advanced unified communications and mobility features, including:
- Be Anywhere: Lets workers live the one number lifestyle by integrating their work line with their mobile device, home office or other locations to have calls follow them or push/pull them between devices without having to disconnect and then reconnect the call.
- Voicemail-to-email: Voice messages conveniently reach “anytime, anywhere” workers when away from the office or working remotely by sending a copy of the voicemail to their email.
- Telephony Toolbar: A downloadable client that enables click-to-dial and service management from within Microsoft Outlook, Internet Explorer, and Mozilla Firefox.
- Business Voice Continuity: Redirect calls to back-up numbers if there is a power outage or other on-site issues to keep business operating.
- Multi-Location Simplicity and Commonality: On-net calling between sites using extensions, unified calling experience, add new locations quickly, and share call handling (receptionist, hunt groups and auto attendants) across offices.
“As with other cloud-based applications and services, organizations of all sizes are investigating cloud-based voice solutions as a means to help reduce costs and simplify operations while improving worker productivity. This combination would seem to be an obvious choice, but the service availability and operator reliability questions have been challenging,” said Infonetics Research Directing Analyst, VoIP and IMS, Diane Myers. “Combining the Business VoiceEdge product with Comcast’s nationwide network and strong data products is a compelling addition to the market.”
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts