JPMorgan Chase and Co. (NYSE: JPM) today announced that its Board of Directors nominated Timothy P. Flynn, retired Chairman of KPMG International, for election as a director at the firm's annual meeting of shareholders on May 15, 2012. JPMorgan Chase also announced that directors William H. Gray III and David C. Novak will not seek re-election when their terms expire May 14.
"JPMorgan Chase is honored that Tim Flynn has agreed to be nominated as a director of the firm," said Jamie Dimon, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer. “At the same time, we will miss Bill Gray and David Novak, whose commitment to the firm and wise counsel over the years are deeply appreciated."
Mr. Flynn, 55, was Chairman of KPMG International from 2007 until his retirement in October 2011. He was also Chairman (2005 – 2010) and Chief Executive Officer (2005 – 2008) of KPMG LLP, the U.S. and largest individual member firm of KPMG International. He has extensive experience in financial services and risk management from 32 years with KPMG and its predecessors. Mr. Flynn served as Client Service Partner for some of KPMG's largest clients, including those in the financial services industry, and led a cultural transformation that made that firm one of Fortune’s Top 100 Great Places to Work.
Mr. Flynn holds a bachelors degree in accounting from The University of St. Thomas, St. Paul, Minnesota and is a member of their Board of Trustees. He has previously served as a trustee of the Financial Accounting Standards Board, a member of the World Economic Forum's International Business Council, and a founding member of The Prince of Wales' International Integrated Reporting Committee.Mr. Gray, 70, Chairman of Gray Global Strategies, Inc., former President and CEO of The College Fund/UNCF and former member of Congress, has served as a director since 2001 and as a director of The Chase Manhattan Corporation from 1992 to 2000.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV