The average analyst polled by Thomson Reuters has a $188 price target on Baidu, and expects a long-term-growth rate of 44.8%.
Baidu recently reported stronger-than-expected fourth-quarter earnings and gave robust guidance, boosted by continued strong growth in the Chinese Internet market. Baidu said it earned 93 cents a share on $710.9 million in revenue.Piper Jaffray analyst Gene Munster notes that Baidu has a "significant growth opportunity," and believes it is similar to Google six to seven years ago. Munster rates Baidu shares "overweight" with a $202 price target. Baidu has taken a very similar approach to Google, essentially copying the Silicon Valley tech giant step-for-step, but in a market with significantly more opportunities. "Comparing Baidu to Google when Google was at similar revenue levels, the path to continued mid double-digit growth appears clear for the next 3-4 years," Munster wrote in his research note. Baidu is currently expanding into the small and medium enterprise (SME) market, with approximately 300,000 customers, according to Munster, around 1% of the local market. He believes there is significant opportunity in this space, with perhaps as many as 30 million small businesses in China. "While adding SMEs aggressively will likely cost more in sales costs than large advertisers, we believe the path to meaningful, sustained top-line growth exists for Baidu over the next 3-4 years," he noted, in his report to investors.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV