NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- These stocks received upgrades to buy from TheStreet Ratings last week: Best Buy (BBY), Acacia Research (ACTG), Invesco (IVZ), Harleysville Group (HGIC), Spectrum Brands Holdings (SPB) and Knight Capital Group (KCG).
Best Buy was upgraded to buy from hold by TheStreet Ratings on Friday following the announcement it plans to close 50 U.S. stores in 2013.
The electronics retailer posted fourth-quarter earnings on Thursday of $2.47 a share, excluding items, on revenue of $16.73 billion; analysts were anticipating earnings of $2.16 a share on revenue of $17.2 billion.
The company said it intends to grow its presence in China and will make cost-cutting moves to the tune of $800 million by fiscal 2015.TheStreet Ratings gives Best Buy a B- grade and a $30.75 price target. The stock closed Friday at $23.68 and has risen 1.33% year to date.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV